One of Imbibe magazine’s “25 Most Influential Cocktail Personalities of the Past Century,” Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is the author of five books on vintage Tiki drinks and cuisine, which Los Angeles magazine has called “the keys to the tropical kingdom.” He’s been profiled in the New York Times, Wine Enthusiast magazine, Salon.com, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, and the Miami Sun-Sentinel; he’s also been featured in the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post, and Class magazine.
Jeff created the cocktail menu for the Luau in Beverly Hills, which the New York Times cited as one of the nation’s 24 “Bars on The Cutting Edge,” and co-created “Tiki+” for iPhone, a drink recipe app which Macworld magazine called “beautifully rendered and, thanks to Berry’s tireless reporting, impeccably sourced.” Jeff’s original cocktail recipes have been printed in publications around the world, most recently Bon Appetit and Fine Cooking magazines, Food & Wine Cocktails 2010, and the 67th edition of the Mr. Boston Official Bartenders Guide; his drinks have been served at PDT in Manhattan, Smuggler’s Cove in San Francisco, Okolemaluna Lounge in Hawaii, Paparazzi in Bratislava, Taboo Cove in Las Vegas, Rivera in Los Angeles, Boutiq’ Bar in Budapest, and Hula Bula in Australia, among others.
Jeff has appeared on Martha Stewart Living Radio and Radio Margaritaville, has written for Saveur and Caribbean Travel & Life magazines, and currently conducts tropical drink seminars and tastings across the U.S. and Europe. His Tropical Bar School, co-founded with internationally acclaimed spirits educator Stanislav Vadrna, is now entering its third season on the Mediterranean isle of Ibiza. Jeff serves on the advisory board of the Museum Of The
- Beachbum Berry (myberryfarm.wordpress.com)
- The Blackthorne Cocktail (cold-glass.com)
- The Painkiller (atikiawiki.wordpress.com)
- RIM’s Follies Continue as Man Is Stabbed at BlackBerry Party (wired.com)
- Another Look at RIM: It’s Not Going Anywhere (wire.kapitall.com)
- Droid Gets Instagram, What About BlackBerry? (portfolio.com)
- BlackBerry and the Death of the Business Device (bostinno.com)
- shrub! (the drinking kind) (angrychicken.typepad.com)
- Weekly Cocktail #10: The Peachfrog (putneyfarm.com)
- New Video Course Shows How to Make Cocktails like a Pro this Holiday Season (prweb.com)